PDA

View Full Version : Goldberg Reflects On Wrestling The Undertaker At Super ShowDown

Kemo
10-09-2019, 11:27 PM
In an interview with Metro.co.uk, former WWE Universal Champion Goldberg opened up about his matchup against The Undertaker from WWE Super ShowDown. The two competed back in June in a match that received heavy criticism from fans and professionals alike.

Speaking candidly, Goldberg confessed that the match took a toll on him, but made sure to contextualize the situation:

“People were very critical of me, and I’ll be honest, I never really respond to it – I do care what people think,” Goldberg said. “But when I know the whole deal and everything, it’s like, come on guys. Give me a break – I knocked myself out, dude. Now let me see you walk down the street – let alone pick up a 320lbs dude – when you’re knocked out.”

He then explained how his subsequent match with Dolph Ziggler at SummerSlam helped to “reaffirm” his confidence.

“I think for me, what the Ziggler match did, was reaffirm my own self-confidence, not for anyone else. But I just needed to go out there and go through the motions, and know, man, just ’cause you stumble once, [it] doesn’t define you.”

He continued, ”Unfortunately, I was defining myself by whether it be a move or a night or a match. The fact of the matter is, I’m extremely hyper-critical of myself and that’s what’s made me the person that I am. It’s a blessing and it’s a curse. I’m never happy, but I’m always striving to be better than anybody else… [The Ziggler match] helped me out a lot, it really did.”

Goldberg and NXT Superstar Matt Riddle have continued their back-and-forth war of words. Despite their interactions, however, Goldberg still claims not to know who Riddle is.