PDA

View Full Version : Triple H Shares USA Network’s Reaction To WWE NXT Premiere Viewership

Kemo
10-09-2019, 11:37 PM
Triple H recently opened up how executives at the USA Network reacted to the viewership numbers for the premiere episode of WWE NXT.

He did so while speaking with TV Insider where he noted that he talked with USA executive Chris McCumber, President of Entertainment Networks, after the show.

“When those ratings came out after the first episode came out, I spoke to Chris McCumber at USA, and they were thrilled beyond what they were hoping for and expecting,” Triple H said.

Triple H continued by noting that now becomes what they do and how to grow it bigger as he learned things along the journey of the brand.

He brought up how he used to balk at the idea of doing a TakeOver event at a big arena such as the Barclays Center as he was resistant to doing that. The show sold out right away.

“It made me get to thinking outside the box and thinking bigger than this. I want to this every bit as a brand to where in some manner I want it to be bigger than Raw and SmackDown on a certain level.”

The premiere edition of WWE NXT averaged 1.179 million viewers last month. However, after the premiere episode of AEW Dynamite that airs at the same time on TNT, NXT saw a big drop in viewership.

This head-to-head competition is real as last week, NXT averaged 891,000 viewers while NXT pulled in 1.409 million for the premiere episode. Thus, AEW won the night.