PDA

View Full Version : Pete Dunne Comments On Moving To NXT, Names Dream Opponent

Kemo
10-11-2019, 07:59 PM
Former NXT UK Champion Pete Dunne recently became a permanent fixture of WWE’s black-and-gold brand in America. In an interview with PWInsider, Dunne addressed this move to NXT as well as who his current dream match would be against.

Dunne confirmed his move to NXT but stressed that he doesn’t believe it changes his status in the company.

“I think for the last three years I’ve been an independent wrestler, main roster wrestler, NXT wrestler and NXT UK wrestler. I’m all over the place, and I like the way that it’s opening up. Right? Cesaro can come do NXT UK, and I don’t want to close any door unnecessarily, but as of now the focus is USA every Wednesday.”

When asked who he’d consider a dream opponent, Dunne was quick to name a fellow NXT Superstar.

“First name [that] comes to mind would be Velveteen Dream. I just feel like me and him are on two opposite ends of the spectrum, character-wise. Right? And I feel like it’s an interesting dynamic that it’d be fun for me in front of him and obviously hopefully that translates out to the audience. Really, we’ve done a little bit in the past, but on TV at least, never had that singles match. Nothing. That’d be cool.”

Dunne is currently involved in a feud with Damian Priest, who attacked him from behind during a recent episode of NXT.