PDA

View Full Version : Sheamus Looks Back On His First WWE Title Win

Kemo
10-13-2019, 02:24 AM
WWE star Sheamus made his debut in the company in June 2009 and has had a very successful career since. He became the WWE Champion just 166 days after his debut, making him the third-fastest wrestler in history to win the title after their debut.

Sheamus looked back on this massive win while speaking to Paddy Power while visiting Japan for the Rugby World Cup. He reflected on his first title win and revealed how he and everyone else reacted to it.

Sheamus names his WWE title win the most favorite moment of his life.

“People ask me what my favourite moment is and I’m always like, there’s so many,” said Sheamus.

“There are just so many special moments that lead to where we are now. The first person I called was my closest friend. I was like, ‘this is mad!’ I just had the title in my hand at the hotel room and the whole thing was just crazy, it just didn’t register at the time. Everyone was like, what the f– k’s going on?”

Even though Sheamus was in the clouds, he made sure to remind himself that he has to prove himself and make it known that this was not just a one-off win.

“But when you win it, that’s great, it’s fantastic and you shock the world. But, then I had to go and prove to everybody (including myself) that this was not a fluke.”

After defeating John Cena on 13 December 2009 at TLC, Sheamus would go on to hold the title for two months. He would lose the title at Elimination Chamber on 21 February 2009 after being eliminated.

Sheamus, however, would then go on to prove that his title win wasn’t just a fluke, as he would win a fatal four-way match to become the WWE Champion for the second time at the Fatal 4-Way pay-per-view on 20 June 2010. At this time, he was also named the one-hundredth WWE Champion in history.

Looking back at his second win, Sheamus said, “I had it for a couple of months and lost it, but then I won it again at Fatal 4-Way in 2010. That was twice I’d done it, and that’s when I could say to myself, ‘okay, it wasn’t a one-off.’ They’re people that win the WWE title once in a blue moon, but I cemented my legacy by keeping the head down and kicking the s–t out of people.”