PDA

View Full Version : Kushida Suffering From Wrist Injury

Kemo
10-13-2019, 10:56 PM
Looks like WWE NXT’s Kushida will have to take a break after having a great match with Walter last week on NXT – which received rave reviews from fans online. The Time Splitter will have to to take some time for himself as he revealed he’s suffering from a wrist injury.

The Japanese star re-aggravated his wrist injury during the main event match on NXT. The injury was first reported by WWE Now, but was assumed to be part of a storyline.

However, it looks like the injury is not just a work but a real one – a recent post by Kushida on his social media shows photos of his hand swollen and in a cast. Kushida wrote, “Ouch! Rebuild and come back to the ring soon. Thank you everyone.”

KUSHIDA announced in early January his plans to leave NJPW. He wrestled his final match for the promotion against Hiroshi Tanahashi on January 29th in Tokyo’s Korakuen Hall.

Ahead of the April 5th NXT TakeOver: New York event, Triple H and William Regal officially welcomed KUSHIDA to NXT.

“I was in a state where I didn’t understand the new practice environment, food, housing, English, Matches…but I feel that a little more open time has been created recently,” Kushida wrote in a post talking about adjusting in the US.

Kushida was challenged to a match by Walter. Speaking with WWE after competing at a EVOLVE event, Walter said, “KUSHIDA made the biggest mistake of his whole career. He needs to understand where his position is in our sport.” You can check out the results of the match here.