PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Angle Opens Up About New WWE Role, Shares Advice For Indie Wrestlers

Kemo
10-21-2019, 10:27 PM
Former WWE Superstar Kurt Angle recently attended New Jersey Horror Con. During his time at the convention, the Hall of Famer was interviewed by ThePopBreak.com.

Angle was asked how his transition away from being an in-ring talent has been. He was also asked what kind of advice he would give to indie wrestlers. Angle even spoke about the man who defeated him in his farewell match at WrestleMania 35, Baron Corbin.

He admitted that leaving in-ring competition behind has been a little difficult. His love of wrestling makes the shows a tough watch for him, despite now being a WWE Producer.

“Right now it’s a little hard to watch,” Angle confessed. “I mean when you make the transition from wrestling to retirement, you still want to be out there. So it’s a little difficult, but I’ve been handling it pretty well. It keeps me busy.”

When asked for advice for indie wrestlers, Angle recommended that they learn how to bump and sell properly. He explained that “Those two things will give you a lot of success and they will help you make money, and help make the business money. If you sell really well, you’re going to be a great wrestler."

His final opponent, Baron Corbin, recently won the King of the Ring tournament. Despite beating him in his farewell match in April, Angle has nothing but praise for King Corbin.

“Baron’s a good kid. I think he’s gonna have a great future. He’s obviously King of the Ring now. I always knew he was would be really good, and I know Vince McMahon really likes him a lot. And I’m happy to see him having the success that he’s been having.”