PDA

View Full Version : Jake Hager Believes WWE Crown Jewel Will Be An Eye Opener For Cain Velasquez

Kemo
10-24-2019, 07:16 PM
Crossovers between wrestling and MMA are nothing new and after making his debut in the sports entertainment industry earlier this year, former UFC Champion Cain Velasquez will be solidifying his wrestling transition with his upcoming match against Brock Lesnar.

During a recent interview with Sherdog’s Keith Shillan, AEW Star Jake Hager, who himself crossed over to MMA after his WWE release gave his thoughts on this upcoming match and shared a very interesting perspective on the matter.

Hager explained that it takes years of training to have a great wrestling match with somebody and he went on to claim that the upcoming bout will be an eye opener for both the fans and Velasquez himself:

“It takes years and years of training to have a great match with somebody. As excited that I am that he crossed over, and I love the competition and the comparisons because him and I are the same age and were in college at the same time.

I don’t think someone can walk off the street and have that Hall of Fame five-star match. It’s going to be an eye-opener for a lot of fans and him.”

The former WWE World Heavyweight Champion then explained how it took him three years in the development to get ready for the main roster and he said that you need that time to get ready for wrestling.

Cain Velasquez made his wrestling debut during AAA’s TripleMania XXVII in August this year, and he will now be challenging Brock Lesnar for the WWE Championship at the upcoming Crown Jewel PPV on October 31.

On the other hand, after making his AEW debut during the premiere episode of Dynamite earlier this month, Hager will be returning to the MMA world for his fight against Anthony Garrett at Bellator 231 this Friday night.