PDA

View Full Version : Court Bauer Talks Being On WWE Writing Team After Chris Benoit Tragedy

Kemo
10-26-2019, 07:57 PM
MLW’s Court Bauer was the most recent guest on Chris Jericho’s Talk is Jericho. During the episode released today, Bauer speaks about his experience working on the WWE writing team following the Chris Benoit double-murder suicide in 2007. According to Bauer, the writing team was being asked to handle an issue that arguably should have been handled by people with more specialized training and expertise.

Jericho and Bauer were talking about not having run into each other in WWE while Bauer was on the writing team when the topic of WWE’s handling of the Benoit murder-suicide came up.

“I left in 07 basically was just starting a family with my wife, wanted to move on, I was in the midst of their handling of the Chris Benoit thing, which was very uncomfortable,” Bauer said during the show. “They were having the writing team try to be part of the damage control PR crisis team, I’m like ‘This is not the gig and this is not how you really should handle this.'”

Jericho then asked for more details.

“One day we go in there and Vince is looking at several monitors saying he’s going to be called to Congress and we’re like ‘this is pretty heavy stuff and horrible, sad, tragic stuff’ and Vince being this Master of the Universe always like’s to have control of something. So, we basically get hold up there and try to figure out what the messaging is going to be from the company about the situation and we’re batting around different ideas.”

Bauer then suggested that experts should have been hired to come in and handle the situation.

“I’m just like ‘you have the money, hire the right people to do this.’ The creative team isn’t… Michael Hayes pitching ideas on this is probably not the best path for any of us.”