PDA

View Full Version : Hulk Hogan Explains How He Adopted The Leg Drop As His Finisher

Kemo
10-26-2019, 08:19 PM
WWE Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan participated in a recent episode of WWE’s show, The Story Of. He explained the history behind his finisher, the Leg Drop. Hogan pointed to his time in Japan as being crucial in his decision to use it, turning it into what WWE described as “one of the most iconic finishers in WWE history.”

“When I dropped the leg, and nobody kicked out, it meant something,” Hogan said. “In the arena nowadays—in professional wrestling—if somebody used a leg drop for a finish, you’d probably have to come off the top of the building to get your opponent to stay down.”

Hogan explained that the leg drop is off the radar as a finish now, but “[…] at the time, when I dropped the leg and I beat people, it meant something. The place would explode on the one, two, three. Now I see the leg drop as a false finish, or they’ll use it as a high spot in the match, it’s got to the point where everybody does it, and everybody kicks out, it doesn’t mean anything.”

When he first delivered the leg drop in Japan, it was the immediate reaction that made Hogan think “‘Oh my gosh, I might be on to something here.’”

“So when I brought it back to the States and I started dropping the leg drop, I’d started entertaining the crowd with my look and all this stuff, so they were with me with what I was doing. So when I dropped the leg and the referee started counting, it was like a cannon: one, two, three. So I knew I was onto something. But it was just my luck that I dropped the leg drop in Japan and got the reaction that I did, so I just stuck with it.”