PDA

View Full Version : Tyson Fury On How WWE Opportunity Came About, Talks Training For WWE

Kemo
10-31-2019, 03:34 PM
Tyson Fury, who is ready to make his WWE debut by facing Braun Strowman in a match at the upcoming Crown Jewel pay-per-view event in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

Fury discussed how the WWE opportunity came about and how the training for WWE has been in a recent interview.

Fury said that he received a phone call asking if he would like to be work with the WWE, and he agreed to it quickly.

“Very quickly. I got the phone call to say would you like to be involved in a WWE fight, I said yes,” Tyson told Express Sport.

“It was a Wednesday night at 7pm and I was on a plane the next day to LA at 6am in the morning. [My first thought was] do it. I have always wanted to be involved and always wanted to be a fan of it.”

Tyson’s son is a huge fan of WWE so it was a “no brainer” for him to agree to work with the professional wrestling company.

When it comes to training for his WWE debut, Tyson described it as a “lot more demanding”. Tyson reveals that it’s has a more hands-on approach, and is taxing to the body.

After seeing how it’s done, Tyson says he understands how wrestlers are prone to more injury.

“There is a lot more smashes and crashes to the floor. That’s tough and I can see how they can get injured a lot all the time. The surprising thing is the ring is just the same as a boxing ring. People think ‘Oh it’s a padded ring or whatever but it’s really not.”

“It’s definitely tough in there. The ropes are really tight and they really do a lot of damage to you when you get chucked into them.”

Tyson was also asked if he would make an appearance at WrestleMania 36 which is set to take place in Tampa, Florida.

Tyson answered that he might make a surprise appearance at the grand event if he is free from his work in boxing.