PDA

View Full Version : Wrestlers React To First-Ever Women’s Match In Saudi Arabia

Kemo
11-01-2019, 07:01 PM
Following their historic matchup during last night’s WWE Crown Jewel event, several WWE Hall of Famers and wrestlers have shared their thoughts on Lacey Evans vs Natalya. The two competed in the first-ever women’s wrestling match in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Hardcore legend Mick Foley shared that it was one of the most beautiful, impactful moments he has ever witnessed in his 34 years in the wrestling industry. He thanked both women for giving him the privilege of watching. Foley included a photo of the two embracing in the ring.

One of the most beautiful, impactful moments I have seen in my 34 years in wrestling. Thank you @NatbyNature & @LaceyEvansWWE for the privilege of watching. #CrownJewel @WWE

— Mick Foley (@RealMickFoley) October 31, 2019

WWE Hall of Famer Edge wrote, “Keep smashin em down ladies. Seeing the joy on little girls faces in that crowd said it all. Be proud @LaceyEvansWWE your daughter will know the difference you helped make. And @NatbyNature you are the true Iron Woman of @WWE The Gatekeeper. Words cannot express how proud I am.”

Former WWE Champion Kofi Kingston stated how proud he was of Natalya. He reflected how she is one of his longest friends in wrestling and stressed that “there’s no one better suited to rep the wrestling industry in this monumental moment.”

So proud of @NatbyNature! She‘s one my longest known friends in the business & there’s no one better suited to rep the wrestling industry in this monumental moment. Congrats to Nattie & @LaceyEvansWWE on making history & for bringing hope to so many young Saudi girls. #CrownJewel

— KOFI (@TrueKofi) October 31, 2019

Even AEW World Champion Chris Jericho shared his thoughts on the historic moment. He shared his congratulations, calling their match “monumental.”

Congrats to @NatbyNature & @LaceyEvansWWE for having the first ever women’s wrestling match in #SaudiArabia history! That’s a monumental moment! @wwe

— Chris Jericho (@IAmJericho) October 31, 2019