PDA

View Full Version : Update On Tyson Fury’s WWE Status, Potential Match With Brock Lesnar

Kemo
11-01-2019, 08:27 PM
Tyson Fury defeated Braun Strowman at WWE Crown Jewel yesterday by way of a count-out. Fury hit Strowman with a punch while he was on the ring apron, sending him crashing to the floor and unable to get back in the ring to meet the referee’s 10-count.

According to a recent report from the Wrestling Observer, the original plan had been for Tyson Fury and Brock Lesnar to face each other but that was scrapped when Cain Velasquez entered the picture.

“According to those internally, Lesnar vs. Fury was discussed but never got past early discussions, likely due to Velasquez having the storyline from the past and being the bigger star in the U.S. market, which is WWE’s primary market, and for Saudi Arabia, it wasn’t the matchups that were important as much as delivering matches with Fury and Velasquez,” wrote Dave Meltzer on the situation.

LiB465uKOX0

Fury spoke with WWE.com after Crown Jewel and noted that he has a rematch with Deontay Wilder in 2020 and that fight is his current top priority. As a result, there are currently no plans for him in WWE, though he is said to be open to working with the company again in the future.

“I’ve got a big fella called Deontay Wilder to see to, February 22, and then we see where we go from there,” Fury said following the event.

Wilder and Fury fought to a controversial draw in their last fight.

“I was really happy to be here in Saudi Arabia on a massive show,” said Fury of Crown Jewel. “Braun is the ‘Monster Among Men’. When I hit him with that piledriving right hand, I cannot believe he got back up and slammed me to the floor.”

“It was a bit of a cheap shot after the bell, but what can we do? It’s WWE.”