PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Cormier Comments On Possibly Joining WWE

Kemo
11-04-2019, 09:05 PM
Former UFC heavyweight and light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier’s name has been talked about in the past as someone WWE might be interested in. In addition to being a 2-division champion, Cormier has also done commentary work in the past as part of Fox and ESPN broadcasts of the UFC. He appeared on Konnan’s “Keepin it 100” podcast recently and spoke about what would have to happen for him to join WWE.

“I’ve had a lot of conversations with a lot of people about different things with WWE,” Cormier said. “One was the studio show in LA. Another one was maybe trying to figure out a way to be on the commentary table. Now, I’ve got some great relationships with Fox so I don’t necessarily know if it was WWE pushing it or Fox pushing it.”

Cormier continued to talk about his time doing commentary for Fox Sports.

“I was there for 5 years,” Cormier continued. “UFC tonight and everything else. I made some great friendships and they just wanted to try and keep me in the Fox family.”

“I’ve talked to Triple H, I’ve talked to Michael Cole, I’ve talked to the people who run the shows down at Fox and I like to say the ship has not sailed. We still have to find something that works and the moment we find something that works, I’m all in.”

Konnan also asks Cormier about who he would want to wrestle in WWE if he was to go in as a wrestler, Cain Velasquez in WWE, and more. His comments can be heard in the player below:

txAo9WrqPAI