PDA

View Full Version : Rhea Ripley Talks What Got Her Hooked On Wrestling

Kemo
11-04-2019, 09:07 PM
Rhea Ripley will captain a team at Takeover: War Games in Chicago this month. The 23-year-old appeared on Lillian Garcia’s podcast recently and talked about how she got into wrestling, training at the PC, and more.

Ripley mentioned it was some family friends she used to go to concerts with who got her into wrestling.

“Same family friends that were in the mosh pit with me actually, they watched wrestling before me because it was very hard to watch wrestling in Australia,” Ripley said.

“I was doing sports so I didn’t really have time to watch wrestling but they introduced it to me by actually showing me a video of Triple H and Ric Flair and Triple H shoved the screwdriver in Ric Flair’s head and he’s like bleeding everywhere and I’m like ‘this is so cool,'” Ripley said. “It got me so amped and hyped.”

She would then say she knew at around 10 years old that she wanted to be a wrestler. There were plenty of people around here who didn’t feel she could do it, however, but she only took that as motivation.

“Everyone was like ‘oh you like wrestling, it’s silly, it’s fake, you can’t do that’ and I’m like ‘watch me,'” Ripley continued. “Even family members, they were like ‘why would you want to do that? That’s silly you will never make it to WWE’ and I’m like ‘where am I now?’ Please tell me I can’t do something.”

Ripley also talks about how the Performance Center has improved her confidence and more. The full interview can be viewed in the player below:

ivjbxMPiv-A