PDA

View Full Version : Becky Lynch Reflects On 1-Year As “The Man”

Kemo
11-05-2019, 08:25 PM
Becky Lynch will face both Shayna Baszler and Bayley in a champion versus champion versus champion triple threat match at Survivor Series this year. Last year in the build-up to Survivor Series, Lynch was forced to be removed from the event due to a concussion she sustained on the go-home edition of RAW that week. Lynch sustained the concussion due to a punch to the face from Nia Jax.

With the build-up to her superstardom now a year old, Lynch spoke to Sports Illustrated recently about the last 12 months of her career.

“I wasn’t letting that moment slip away,” Lynch said regarding the RAW where she sustained the concussion. “So I showed up the next day at TV in St. Louis, concussed out of my mind, begging to work, begging to be cleared. I told anyone who would listen I was fine even though, clearly, I wasn’t.”

“There have been so many times in my career where I thought I was hot, thought I had momentum, then I was taken off TV and it slipped away,” said Lynch. “But there was no way I was letting this slip past me. I wanted to make wrestling the coolest thing on TV. That was my goal, and I wasn’t going to stop trying to make that a reality.”

One year ago today I said the words, “I am The Man” and it started the greatest 12 month ascent in WWE history. I was trying to turn on you, but you wouldn’t let me. You were all right. Thank you.

— The Man (@BeckyLynchWWE) October 18, 2019

Lynch continued to speak about her experience at WrestleMania 35 where she would win the first-ever Women’s match to headline the show.

“Wrestling is 20% about the matches and 80% about how you engage with the people who care about you,” said Lynch. “I remember walking through the building at WrestleMania 35, passing by The Undertaker and Hulk Hogan. I’d idolized them when I was younger, and now they’d be watching me in the main event. And that’s something I accomplished with the help of these people.”