PDA

View Full Version : Io Shirai Opens Up About Her Heel Turn, Finding New Confidence

Kemo
11-06-2019, 08:17 PM
WWE NXT Superstar Io Shirai recently spoke with The Hindunstan Times. During the interview, Shirai opened up about her heel turn on the black-and-gold brand. She also shared who her current dream opponents would be.

“To the fans, my character changed suddenly. But I took a long time to think about it and it was a gradual process for me. When I came to WWE, I wanted to try out something different. They already had Asuka and Kairi [Sane]. So, I wanted to show something new,” Shirai explained. “I wanted to show a new side of Japanese woman wrestlers. I have mainly been a babyface in my career but I wanted to make a big change.”

This change has allowed her a new sense of confidence, one she credits directly to her heel turn.

“This has given me more confidence. The heel turn has added a lot of new things to my character and that has certainly boosted my confidence. I came with a different role but this change has been a boost for me.”

When it comes to potential dream opponents on WWE’s main roster shows RAW and SmackDown, Shirai was quick to list a few top names. For her, she would love the opportunity to compete against “The Boss” Sasha Banks, Charlotte Flair and Asuka.