PDA

View Full Version : Booker T On Jordan Myles’ Quitting Video: “He’s Doing Himself An Injustice”

Kemo
11-15-2019, 02:37 AM
Booker T has addressed the video that NXT Superstar Jordan Myles uploaded to his social media. That video featured Myles deliver an impassioned, expletive riddled speech, ending with his declaration that he is quitting WWE.

Speaking on his podcast, The Hall of Fame, Booker T talked about the controversial shirt design that initially sparked Myles’ ire. He also commented on Myles’ reaction and his own experiences within the wrestling industry.

“I don’t know if Jordan Myles has quit the company, but on social media, he’s saying he quit the company,” Booker T said. “I’m not going to sit here and judge or anything like that. I’m not going to sit here and say ‘Guy should have did this, guy should have done that.’ I’m going to lay out on that because I don’t need or want any backlash before someone said ‘Well, Booker said this’ or ‘Booker said that.’ I’m just going to say this, man: the situation…it all started with the t-shirt and now it has gotten to this.”

One of the statements Myles made during his video claimed that the entire company was racist. Booker T highlighted how a comment like this could ultimately damage his Myles’ own message.

“I don’t know where it’s going to go from here. I have been on this earth for 54 years and if you think one person is something, call them that, or if you think that person is something, call them that, but I cannot judge a group and say everybody is that,” Booker T explained.

“When you make a blanket statement like that you do no justice for yourself or the culture. I say this because I have had a lot of years and a lot of experience. I do know that I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for a white guy named Bruce Gasarch, who made this all happen for me as far as changing my life, which is another story.”

Booker T then shared how, if he had judged everyone in the same manner after his personal experience of going to prison, blaming the system and hating “everybody of that color,” he would have done himself a disservice.

“[…] being a kid who had never been in trouble before and for the first time being locked up in the back of a police car saying that, ‘the system did me wrong. I hate everybody of that color’, you know what I mean? If I did that, I would have done myself an injustice more than anything and I think that is the situation that I want to make clear here. The way he’s going by this, he’s doing himself an injustice.”

Myles won the NXT Breakout Tournament earlier this year. In the wake of his video, the Superstar has changed his Twitter handle back to Super ACH. He also stripped all references to WWE from his social media accounts.

Zqt6vNjU7pE