PDA

View Full Version : Finn Balor Admits He Wasn’t Happy On Main Roster, Talks About Bullet Club In WWE

Kemo
11-18-2019, 07:45 PM
Finn Balor recently returned to WWE’s black-and-gold brand, NXT. He immediately made an impact, expressing his interest in the NXT Championship by confronting current champion Adam Cole.

Speaking with Corey Grave’s on WWE’s podcast, After The Bell, Balor opened up about his unhappiness on WWE’s main roster. He also addressed his NXT return and even spoke about the Bullet Club.

“[The idea to return to NXT] came to be a couple of months ago. Things weren’t going kind of as smoothly – well, I don’t want to say ‘as smoothly’. I just wasn’t happy where I was at on RAW and SmackDown,” Balor admitted. “I had a conversation with Hunter, we pinged some ideas back and forth, I took a little time off and came back in NXT. It’s all been awesome since.”

He was quick to note that he wouldn’t change anything about his main roster experience—one that saw him become the promotion’s first-ever Universal Champion.

“[…] everyone’s been through those times in their career, and everybody’s been through shitty times in their lives. And I don’t want to say it was a s–tty time but it was a time that looking back now, I learned more than anything on those three years on RAW and SmackDown.”

He continued, “So, I wouldn’t necessarily change anything but I learned a lot from it and I can take that forward. I’ve still got another, I believe, like eight years left in me. Not a lot of people have been fortunate enough to have done what I’ve done so fast.”

Balor helped form the original iteration of Bullet Club during his time in New Japan Pro-Wrestling. With WWE openly referencing his time in the Club, as well as The O.C.’s involvement with the group, Balor admitted they are all “still boys.” But even he isn’t sure if WWE will commit to a Bullet Club reunion on their show.

“[…] whether it happens on screen or not? I don’t know,” Finn admitted. “It’s one of those things where it almost, nearly happens and then doesn’t. Is that cooler? Or will it be the case where if we give it to them, its, ‘Uh, that was it? I was hoping it was going to be cooler than that.'”

Balor continued, “And we keep talking about this five years I’ve been in WWE – that Bullet Club stuff, for me, is six or seven years ago. So, trying to go back in time that far for me is – I’d rather come up with something new, create something new, create something fresh that people can talk about that can leave another legacy and another chapter of my career. Hopefully, that’s what we can do at NXT.”

Finn Balor is set to compete against Matt Riddle at NXT TakeOver: WarGames. The two clash on November 23rd.