PDA

View Full Version : Tommaso Ciampa Says He Had Option To Take A Backstage Role In WWE After His Neck Injury

Kemo
11-19-2019, 08:37 PM
Tommaso Ciampa made his return to NXT on October 2 episode of the show this year after spending almost 7 months in rehab following a neck surgery which forced him to relinquish the NXT Championship.

During a recent interview with Brian Fritz of SportingNews.com to promote NXT on USA Network, the former NXT Champion talked about his time away and revealed an interesting tidbit about his injury.

Ciampa was talking about how NXT gave him the opportunity to be the top guy of the show for the first time in his career. He then went on to reveal that he had the option to retire from wrestling and take a backstage role but this is why he chose to come back:

“It’s why I had neck surgery and said I gotta get back. I think I definitely had the option to walk away from it and maybe take on a role backstage. For me, this career, it’s not over. I’m not done telling stories yet.”

Though this is not the first time Tommaso Ciampa has provided concerning information about his health and he had shared similar details when he first relinquished the NXT title back in March this year to undergo the neck surgery.

The former Champion had shared a lengthy statement from his Twitter account, revealing that the doctors have told him that he will be wrestling on ‘borrowed time’ even if he returns to active competition after his rehab.