PDA

View Full Version : Eric Bischoff Defines What His Role Was As WWE SmackDown Executive Director

Kemo
11-19-2019, 08:46 PM
Eric Bischoff has opened up on exactly what it meant when WWE announced him as the SmackDown Executive Director earlier this year.

During the latest episode of After 83 Weeks with Christy Olson, Bischoff was asked what his role was as executive director, which is where he talked about while he wasn’t in the middle of creative, he oversaw the ongoings of the brand.

He did point out that such a role had not existed prior to this opportunity for him.

“The role, as it was originally defined to me, was to oversee the process and oversee the SmackDown brand, not to necessarily be involved in creative other than to oversee the management of it.

Also to essentially oversee all of the other elements of the business that had anything to do with SmackDown. So it was a very broad description. Keep in mind it was a new job. It wasn’t a position that had previously existed in WWE. I’m sure a lot of thought went into it, but I think the position is most likely still evolving and being defined.”

Bischoff is no longer under contract with WWE after his latest stint started five months ago after the company confirmed that he had been replaced by Bruce Prichard as the Executive Director of SmackDown.

It was an unfortunate situation due to Bischoff accepting the job and moving with his wife to Stanford for the WWE job.

However, Bischoff has been positive about the departure in various interviews and will stay busy with his 83 Weeks Podcast with Conrad Thompson.