PDA

View Full Version : Lacey Evans Reflects On Crown Jewel Experience

Kemo
11-22-2019, 09:11 PM
WWE Superstar Lacey Evans made history by participating in the first-ever women’s wrestling match in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. She faced off against Natalya in a losing effort for WWE’s Crown Jewel event. Speaking with Wrestlezone, Evans reflected on her historic experience.

“It was amazing to be able to represent this company which I love, to show the entire world what women are capable of, to help make change, especially as a mother with my daughter watching this take place, is motivating,” she said.

“I’ve done a lot of things in my life that women statistically couldn’t do or shouldn’t do, or has been frowned upon too, and this was another one in the books for me to go out there and work my ass off like I do in everything in my life and show the world what women are capable of and open doors that people haven’t.”

She continued, “We opened that door and the only thing I can hope is that people continue to go through those doors because WWE is a family-friendly and hard-working company. When it comes to breaking barriers and showing what women can do. WWE highlights that and they are all for it and they push for that to happen. I was just very blessed to actually get to be a part of that, and worked hard to get there.”

When asked about her upcoming Survivor Series match this Sunday, Evans admitted she’s looking forward to representing Team SmackDown. If it were up to her, she would only get her hands on the SmackDown and RAW champions, noting that until she’s holding the titles herself, she’ll continue doing what she has to do until the time comes.