PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Michaels On Coaching NXT Talent: “This Is All About Them”

Kemo
11-27-2019, 09:52 PM
WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels has spent the last few years coaching at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida. His role has also seen him positioned as an instrumental part of the black-and-gold brand, helping to train up and coming NXT talent into true Superstars.

Speaking with Sports Illustrated, Michaels reflected on his role within WWE, stating how his time in the ring has come to an end. For him, it’s all about cultivating the next generation of stars.

“I’d rather stay behind the scenes and let the stars of tomorrow take their rightful place,” Michaels said. “My time has come and gone. This is all about them. NXT is wrestling at its best. We’re going to continue on that track, and that’s showing people the best talent in WWE, which is in NXT.”

Some of NXT’s most notable names include Adam Cole, Shayna Baszler and Keith Lee. To Michaels, they all deliver in every match he has seen them in.

“They deliver every single time they’re out there,” said Michaels. “All three of them all embrace and adapt to big situations. I’ve never seen one of them not look cool, calm or collected when they go out into high impact, highly visible matches. There hasn’t been a time for any of them where the situation was too big or got the better of them, and that gives us a great deal of confidence moving forward. These are all big-time performers.”

He noted how, when he first accepted the role in 2016, he wasn’t sure about what the job might entail. Once he began interacting with the Superstars, however, the role simply got a hold of him. Their hunger to prove themselves helped reinvigorate his passion and desire to be involved in the pro wrestling industry.

3rOZv1eA_WI