PDA

View Full Version : Sean Waltman Discusses Matt Riddle Vs Finn Balor, WarGames’ Top Superstars

Kemo
11-29-2019, 08:53 PM
WWE Hall of Famer Sean “X-Pac” Waltman has shared his thoughts on last Saturday’s NXT TakeOver: WarGames event. On a recent episode of his podcast, X-Pac 12360, he praised Matt Riddle versus Finn Balor. He also shared who he believed to be the stand out Superstars from the night.

“You can’t just bring everybody over and just beat everybody and just to try and say our NXT guys are on the same level,” Waltman said. “It’s Finn Balor if you’re gonna lose a match, Finn Balor is just fine to lose a match to, I don’t really think this f—s with Matt’s momentum or anything.”

He continued, “They had a great match and I am ready for more of Balor and Matt Riddle. That’s what makes you care about the match, like okay, none of these guys can really afford to lose. It was hard to call, I had no idea, no idea which way they were gonna go with that. I guess if I had to put money on it honestly I would have said, okay they’re going to out Balor over, because I think they are trying to get him ready for Adam Cole, maybe?”

For him, there were two notable stand out talents from all the action of WarGames: Keith Lee and Rhea Ripley.

“Keith Lee really stood out to me in this match he did a lot of really cool stuff in the match and it fit. To me of this recent last couple of weeks, Rhea Ripley and Keith Lee are the big winners, the biggest winners, everyone’s a winner, but to me those two are overnight sensations.”

He detailed how, in his opinion, the WWE Universe “buy her” when it comes to her intensity and character. Waltman reflected on being in attendance for a Live Event and remembered the pop she received, saying “she got the biggest pop of anyone on the entire show and it wasn’t even close, it was insane.”