PDA

View Full Version : Kofi Kingston Talks New Day Having Creative Freedom In WWE

Kemo
11-30-2019, 07:17 PM
Smackdown tag team champion Kofi Kingston was recently interviewed by AL.com in Alabama to promote tonight’s episode of Smackdown in Birmingham. During the conversation, Kingston said that New Day have a great deal of creative freedom in WWE and that Vince McMahon trusts they know how to be entertaining, even if he doesn’t get all the jokes.

“Vince [McMahon] knows that when we’re out there, people are entertained. When we’re talking about what we’re going to do and Vince has to approve it, he’ll say ‘I don’t get it, but if they want to do it, then let them do it,’ because he has the faith that we’re going to be entertaining with our delivery. We just kind of do whatever is entertaining to us and what we think might be funny, and most of the time it is. We’ve earned a long leash, sold a lot of merchandise and we’ve got a lot of support from people, so more or less, we kind of do whatever we want.”

Kingston and Big E won the Smackdown tag team championships from the Revival recently. Xavier Woods is dealing with an Achilles injury which will keep him on the shelf for the next 5 to 9 months.

Kofi was also asked during the interview about recent comments made by Corey Graves regarding a potential single’s push for Big E.

“Big E is a phenomenal competitor and just a really, really funny dude on so many different levels, easily the funniest one out of all three of us. Me and Woods say all the time, it’s not fair. He can just kind of look at you and have people dying laughing. He has his finger on the pulse of what is good in wrestling. He knows how to make things unique. I agree 100 percent that he would have an amazing singles run. I think a lot of people think a lot of people think that would mean the New Day would have to break up, and that’s not the case. We’ve always looked at ourselves as a faction. We’ve never looked at ourselves as just a tag team. We’ve never put ourselves in a box as far as being one thing. One of the possibilities that we’ve discussed is all of us having singles titles and still being a group and doing it because we are brothers. It’s a very real friendship and bond.”