PDA

View Full Version : The Sandman Reflects On Infamous Crucifixion Angle, Kurt Angle’s Reaction

Kemo
12-04-2019, 05:47 PM
Former ECW wrestler and WWE Superstar The Sandman recently looked back on the infamous crucifixion angle between himself and Raven. In an interview with The Hannibal TV, Sandman spoke about the event and even addressed Kurt Angle’s negative reaction to it.

Sandman claimed that the only reason the storyline “blew up” was because Angle was present that night. If it wasn’t for him and his reaction, he doesn’t believe it would have gained as much traction as it did.

“I loved it, dude, I thought it was great,” he confessed. “I made that f—g cross, you know what else I made? Dreamers scaffold match with Brian Lee, I made that by myself, I put that whole thing together because that’s what I do, I do construction.”

Recalling the reaction the crowd had that night, Sandman noted how “the silence was deafening” in the audience. “I’m starting to realize that if they’re not reacting at all, then it’s f—g heavy, so I’m feeling the heaviness of it.”

Following that night’s events, Sandman noted how several people including Paul Heyman, Shane Douglas, Kurt Angle, and others demanded an apology. Raven did eventually apologize—a fact that Sandman took issue with. He pointed to WWE’s hypocrisy when, months later, they aired a similar angle featuring The Undertaker and “Stone Cold” Steve Austin.

“The funny thing is here, that six months later, Kurt’s in the WWE, Austin’s getting hung on a f—g cross just like we did, do you think he went to Vince and complained? But I understand him a little bit then, because…religion was never involved really in wrestling like that.”

More recently, The Sandman allegedly made disparaging comments regarding women wrestling in the main event at wrestling shows, with several wrestlers from across the industry reacting negatively to his thoughts.

Smartmark
12-05-2019, 08:25 PM
The Crucifix angle in ECW is one of the greatest things in Pro Wrestling ever. Putting Sandman on a cross like Jesus, using him like a symbol of hardcore. I think a pretty genious thing.