PDA

View Full Version : Mike Kanellis On If The Pregnancy Storyline With Maria Kanellis Led To His Release Request

Kemo
12-06-2019, 03:10 AM
Many believed that Mike Kanellis’ recent pregnancy storyline with his wife Maria Kanellis may have led to his decision of asking for a release from the company but the WWE star is claiming that it’s not the case.

Mike recently had an interview with Swings & Mrs, where he talked about things like his run with Impact Wrestling, the rise of AEW and more.

When asked if the recent angle was the motivation behind his decision to leave the company, Kanellis denied the assumptions and said that the only bothersome part about the storyline was that it went nowhere:

“The angle itself didn’t bother me, because I tell people this and it makes people yell at me, but it’s a fake television show. It’s not real. My name isn’t really Mike Kanellis.

And yes, I really am married to Maria Kanellis, but at the end of the day I am playing a role on a TV show. It doesn’t reflect who I am as a person so I don’t mind trying something different or thinking outside the box. My only issue was it didn’t go anywhere.”

The former X Division Champion from TNA went on to say that if he is going to do a storyline like that then he would want it to go somewhere and he discussed how fans would want a payoff to the story as well.

Mike Kanellis was recently put in a storyline on Raw where his wife Maria Kanellis announced that she was pregnant but claimed that Mike was not the father.

She would then go on to insult Mike for several weeks and his character was emasculated by Maria but WWE provided no resolution to the angle and it was dropped unexpectedly.

Mike signed a new 5 years contract with WWE back in June however he announced on Twitter in October that he has decided to ask for his release from the company.