PDA

View Full Version : Batista & The nWo Set For WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2020

Kemo
12-09-2019, 08:55 PM
:wwehof:

Batista and the New World Order (nWo) faction are the first names announced for the WWE Hall of Fame’s Class of 2020.

WWE names “Hollywood” Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash and Sean Waltman as the nWo members who will be honored with the induction. This will be the second induction for each of them.

ESPN was first to report the news about the nWo, while People broke the story about Batista. The former WWE Champion turned Hollywood star told People, “Vince [McMahon] called me personally to ask me, I was just … I wasn’t surprised, but I was pretty happy. It’s a good feeling, it’s a really great feeling.”

Batista says he told Vince that he is honored to be recognized by the company in this way, but then reality sunk in that he’ll have to give an acceptance speech.

“As soon as I hung up the phone, I was … and excuse my language, I was like, ‘S–t, I gotta give a speech.’ And that is what I’ve been stressing about since,” he joked.

Triple H, WWE’s Executive Vice President of Talent, Live Events & Creative, commented on his longtime rival’s big moment.

“Batista was one of the fastest rising stars ever in WWE with an incredible list of accolades, and the success of the nWo changed the course of sports entertainment history. It is only fitting that they all take their rightful place in the WWE Hall of Fame.”

The 2020 WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will take place Thursday, April 2nd from Tampa Bay, FL as part of WrestleMania 36 week. Tickets for the ceremony go on sale this Friday at Ticketmaster.com.

TKO
12-10-2019, 01:30 AM
Lazy

Will
12-10-2019, 01:48 PM
Waltman being included is bs. When people think about the nwo no one thinks about Sean Waltman.

Kemo
12-10-2019, 10:22 PM
Waltman being included is bs. When people think about the nwo no one thinks about Sean Waltman.

Well. I was going to say that he was one of the first to join after Hogan and The Outsiders, but Dibiase, The Giant, and nWo Sting joined before Waltman.