PDA

View Full Version : Toni Storm Reflects On Becoming A Pro Wrestling Fan

Kemo
12-10-2019, 10:27 PM
WWE NXT Superstar Toni Storm was a recent guest on Lilian Garcia’s podcast, Chasing Glory. During their conversation, Storm reflected on how she became a pro wrestling fan as a girl growing up in Australia.

Addressing when she first got into wrestling, Storm shared that she first started watching when Superstars like Mickie James, Trish Stratus and Lita were feuding in WWE.

“I just fell heavily in love with it,” she confessed. “I’ll never forget the moment where my mum was disgusted with the idea of wrestling and she was just giving me crap one day and she was just like, ‘are you gonna be like one of those wrestlers?’ I was like, ‘….yes. I am actually.’ And then that was the moment that I was like, yes, I am going to just do this and then I was just John Cena obsessed, Jeff Hardy obsessed, Shawn Michaels obsessed.”

She recalled going to her first-ever WWE Live Event in Brisbane, Australia back in 2007. Storm noted that even though she was in the last row, equipped with binoculars to help her view the action, she loved every second. It was at this point that Garcia mentioned that she might have been there at that time. Storm confirmed Garcia was there, which the host found “insane” to think about.

Trying to pinpoint what it was about wrestling that appealed to her, Storm confessed she couldn’t quite name one specific aspect. She admitted she’d “never know” before adding “That’s the thing. I was a really strange kid. No one could figure me out. I was one of those kids. So like, wrestling still to me is just something so different and out there so I was just like, ‘Yeah, no, this is me.’”

Storm recently made her Survivor Series debut, competing as a part of the Women’s NXT team. Team NXT would defeat both Team RAW and Team SmackDown in this 5-on-5-on-5 elimination match.