PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Jacobs Discusses WWE’s “Faux Corporate Environment”

Kemo
12-11-2019, 08:20 PM
Former WWE creative Jimmy Jacobs recently joined Jordan Garber’s NOW podcast, where he discussed his time working with the promotion. Jacobs, now a part of Impact Wrestling’s creative team, shed light on what he calls WWEs “faux corporate” environment.

“WWE is such a faux corporate environment and Vince wants it to appear as corporate,” Jacobs stated. “It made me feel like I couldn’t be myself. I missed having nail polish on and being kind of like a maniac. I felt like I was in a shell.”

He explained how when he first started working for WWE, he wasn’t scared of Vince McMahon. To him, Vince was just “a dude.” However, after working there for a few months, he grew to understand why people feared him.

“I spent the majority of my time there basically scared of Vince and ultimately afraid of losing my job,” he admitted. “It wasn’t until the last couple of months of my time there where I was so sick of feeling just tied and boxed up that I wasn’t scared of getting fired anymore. Which I spent most of my time doing. Maybe I would last longer if I wasn’t scared of Vince. It’s his sandbox …he’s just letting you play in it.”

Jacobs’ time in Impact Wrestling so far has been much more positive. He noted how he is “one of the guys steering the ship” and that he hopes the direction he is guiding the promotion in is a good one.

He pointed to talents like Rich Swann and Tessa Blanchard as stars within the company, and that their long-term booking for certain stories will have satisfying conclusions, reiterating his confidence that they have “some good stuff happening.”