PDA

View Full Version : Ken Shamrock Shares Why He Refused To Compete In Brawl For All

Kemo
12-11-2019, 08:23 PM
Former WWE Superstar Ken Shamrock has revealed why he didn’t participate in WWE’s Brawl for Fall competition during the ’90s. Speaking with the WINCLY podcast, Shamrock shared that, given his notable history in mixed martial arts and combat sports, it simply wouldn’t have been fair if he had competed.

“I chose not to. I worked hard to gain trust in the wrestlers,” he said. “I just came from the world of fighting and they went me to get into this Brawl For All. I thought to myself, ‘I’m a professional fighter.’ It’s not fair to those guys to get involved because I’m at a different level.”

He continued, ”I respectfully declined. They were gonna pay me $50,000 to fight for real when I make over $1 million to fight in something like that. Then I’m gonna have to fight multiple times to win it? You’re not gonna give me 50 grand. It was about me being a professional fighter and them being amateurs.”

Shamrock is currently wrestling once again for Impact Wrestling. He recently competed against Joey Ryan, where he ended up involved in the infamous spot that Ryan is known for. He reflected that he was “pleasantly surprised” working with Ryan, noting that he is a great person with a popular and unique gimmick.