PDA

View Full Version : Vince Russo Talks Why He Hasn’t Returned To WWE

Kemo
12-18-2019, 08:45 PM
Vince Russo was recently a guest on Talk is Jericho with AEW World Champion Chris Jericho. During the conversation, Jericho asked Russo why he doesn’t feel he’s been brought back to WWE when others, such as Eric Bischoff and Bruce Pritchard, have been.

“Bro, here’s the bottom line. Think about this for a second Chris, if Vince Russo went back to the WWE and all of a sudden the ratings went up again, well ok, now what?” Russo said. “I swear to God I think that’s what he’s afraid of because Vince is like, he’s Oz, he wants you to believe it was all him. Bro, it wasn’t all you. I mean, if it was all you, you’d have that same success today that you had back then. So, if all of a sudden if Vince Russo comes back and all of a sudden we start gaining momentum and getting viewership back well then bro, all of a sudden, wait a minute maybe it wasn’t Vince after all. Bro, that’s the only thing I can think of. I can’t think of any other reason.”

Russo would continue to talk about contact he has had in recent years with Vince McMahon and the WWE.

“I said (to Vince McMahon) ‘bro, if you want somebody to watch your show and let you know what’s wrong with it, let me know.’ Bro, I’ve never asked Vince for a job since I left. Never once but what happens is because I’m a wrestling fan and I see it get so bad, I’m like ‘bro, you can make this better, this can be great again.'”

He continued to say Vince often returns his texts with a simple “thx.”