PDA

View Full Version : Rhea Ripley Talks Shayna Baszler, Triple H, & Winning Championships

Kemo
12-22-2019, 01:24 AM
Rhea Ripley became the 9th wrestler to win the NXT Women’s Championship when she did so this week from Full Sail University. Ripley ended the 2nd reign of Shayna Baszler in the main event of Wednesday’s show. She spoke to SI.com about the experience.

“It’s slowly sinking in,” said Ripley. “I’m feeling all sorts of feelings right now. I’m happy, I’m sore, I’m excited. I’m everything, plus a bit of tiredness.”

Ripley admitted she had some nerves about the big match.

“It was live TV and all eyes were on me, so I just needed wrap all my nerves up and turn them into confidence. It was an amazing night. It felt like forever leading up to it, and then it was like, snapping my fingers and it was done.”

She also took the time to speak about her opponent.

“Shayna is definitely a badass, she’s credible, and she deserved to hold the title for so long,” said Ripley. “It’s hard to describe, it’s more of a natural feeling, but stepping into the ring with her taught me a lot about myself and what we do in the ring.”

Ripley has frequently mentioned that Triple H was a favorite of hers when she was first getting into wrestling. She also talked about her relationship with him during the interview with SI.com.

“Triple H is someone I’ve looked up to since I was a little girl” said Ripley. “He was the reason I started watching wrestling, and I loved our photo together this time.”

“I got one when I won the NXT U.K. Women’s Championship, and I was legit so excited. I had this massive cheesy grin and I hated myself for it. I was like, ‘I can’t believe you made yourself like a goober in your one chance with the Triple H photo.’ So I’m glad that I got a second chance.”