PDA

View Full Version : The Street Profits Discuss How They Became A Tag Team

Kemo
12-26-2019, 11:50 PM
Montez Ford and Angelo Dawkins, who are collectively known as The Street Profits, talked about how they came together and formed a tag team while appearing on the December 12 episode of Corey Graves’ After The Bell podcast.

Ford and Angelo were doing their own thing on NXT until they were paired together and would go on to win the NXT Tag Team Championship.

On the podcast, Ford & Dawkins recalled how they were both paired together when they both arrived at the WWE Performance Center for a promo class wearing Mocassin shoes.

“When we got to the PC – at my second tryout where they hired me at – they later put me through acting classes, which Angelo Dawkins was in that acting class. So, I got brought upstairs with I think there was six of us that they thought about hiring and I remember that day I thought that promos were going to be in the evening; normally I show up with a suit everywhere. I had worn my ring gear to what pretty much was the promo class and I was upset because I didn’t have a suit on and eventually they took us upstairs to the acting class and I had on gym shorts and gym clothes and some Moccasins,” stated Ford.

“I had worn my ring gear to what pretty much was the promo class and I was upset because I didn’t have a suit on and eventually they took us upstairs to the acting class and I had on gym shorts and gym clothes and some Moccasins,” Ford said. “So, I remember sitting up there and they were going like, ‘Hey Dawkins, that is a perfect fit for the both of you, he is wearing Moccasins too.’ And Dawkins was like, ‘Yeah, I see that.'”

Ford then recalled how after an event where Angelo Dawkins had a match against No Way Jose and Ford had one against Steve Cutler, the producers came up to them and told them that they want to pair the two together and make a tag team. Ford thinks that he was fortunate enough to be paired with someone who he actually knew from before.

The Street Profits started appearing on Raw in backstage segments from July and it was revealed in the WWE Draft that they were drafted to the Raw brand. They’ve also made appearances for Evolve and even won the Evolve Tag Team Championship from The Doom Patrol at Evolve 114.