PDA

View Full Version : The Nasty Boys Name Their Toughest Opponents

Kemo
01-02-2020, 03:45 PM
Brian Knobs and Jerry Sags, collectively known as the legendary tag team The Nasty Boys, recently joined Bill Apter for an interview for The Apter Chat. During their conversation, the pair shared who they believe their toughest opponents have been throughout their lengthy careers. Knobs also addressed his health issues, detailing his recent problems and concerns.

Knobs explained how he recently suffered from an infection that affected his leg. This infection forced him to require a new knee replacement. He shared how he had been in the hospital for two weeks before having to undergo four weeks of rehab.

“I just got out, doing better, but I got to keep a track on everything because the infection, you know, it spreads, you got to watch yourself, I don’t want to lose my leg or anything,” Knobs said. “Diabetes is a very serious thing and anybody out there, I’d say don’t mess around, get checked, I got diabetic two and right now I got everything kind of normal again, under control, but it was a scary situation.”

When asked who their toughest opponents have been, Sags reflected on how The Nasty Boys have been fortunate enough to work with so many legendary tag teams. For him, however, there was only one team that answered Apter’s question: The Steiner Brothers.

“The breakthrough match for us when we were really young was Ole Anderson paired us off and putting us against The Steiner Brothers,” Sags explained. “At that time, it was still the old school working. Here you have two guys that are amateur wrestlers, old dudes who didn’t want to get suplexed across the other side of the ring. But we let it rip with them, we can work with anybody, and that match was a breakthrough match because at Halloween Havoc we stole the show.”

He continued, “It was an incredible match that nobody has ever seen something like on a PPV or TV till that time. It was like what we did at those first street fights with Mick Foley in Chicago, and then the Philadelphia street fight. That was never seen before until we did it, that type of match on a PPV or live television situation. So, The Steiner Brothers is what put us to the next level, and then, of course, we got to the big highest level, which is WWE or WWF at the time. The Hart Foundation, rest of ’87, come on, that’s our pinnacle of those two putting us to a different level.”

Knobs then name-dropped other notable names. He pointed to teams like The Road Warriors, The British Bulldogs and a cavalcade others. Knobs credited their experiences with these teams in helping The Nasty Boys grow as they competed for numerous promotions across the world.

b4OxjzYq7is