PDA

View Full Version : Elias On His Championship Ambitions, The WWE Universe

Kemo
01-03-2020, 11:08 PM
WWE Superstar Elias took part in an interview with The Commercial Appeal ahead of tonight’s episode of Friday Night SmackDown, which takes place from the FedExForum in Memphis.

The former WWE 24/7 Champion looked to the year ahead, detailing his plans and championship aspirations. Elias has set his eyes on one title, in particular: the WWE Intercontinental Championship. Once he has claimed that gold, Elias would then like to eventually be in contention for the WWE Universal Championship.

“I’ve got every tool you could imagine to get there, so it’s just a matter of opportunity and timing, as far as I’m concerned,” Elias said.

Elias returned to WWE programming in late November. He explained how his time away from the ring was spent travelling the world, noting how he spent time reflecting about what he has to do in order to get to the top of WWE. Elias came to an epiphany when he realized he wanted the support of those he has rejected over the years: the WWE Universe.

“They need to be on your side, and it just so happens I’ve got the power to manipulate people with my music, with my words, with everything I do, and it looks like that is the approach I am going to have to take moving forward,” Elias confessed.

When it comes to his music, Elias admitted that for most “the truth can hurt.” He is confident, however, that his return to Memphis won’t be ruined by previous things he may have said or sung. Instead, he believes that this time his truth will be accepted on a much grander level by those in attendance.