PDA

View Full Version : CM Punk On An In-Ring Return, Who He’d Be Open To Wrestling

Kemo
03-18-2020, 03:11 PM
CM Punk says the door is still open for a possible in-ring return. The former WWE Champion recently appeared on the Swing & Mrs. Podcast, hosted by former Major League Baseball star Cody Decker and his wife/AEW commentator, Jennifer Decker.

When asked if he would consider lacing up his boots again, Punk said nobody has made him the right offer to draw him out of retirement.

“The answer changes,” Punk said. “It’s a very fluid answer. Currently, if the business was right and I had somebody that motivated me across the ring from me, I think, might be able to get it done. Nobody has dangled the correct carrot.”

As long as the money was right and his opponent was somebody he wanted to face, CM Punk confessed he could be open to the idea. He listed previous opponents such as Daniel Bran, John Cena and Rey Mysterio as people he’d like to face again. He also pointed to New Japan Pro-Wrestling’s Will Ospreay as a new challenge he’d be open to.

“As far as people that I’ve worked with before, if there was a clean slate, if the money was right, I think a guy like Daniel Bryan, I would go, ‘I would listen to your idea.’ If you said John Cena, I’d probably listen to your idea. Rey Mysterio, I would listen to your idea,” CM Punk said. “For people I haven’t ever wrestled before, I think Will Ospreay, I would listen to your idea.”

“There’s a lot of moving parts. I’m busy doing other stuff and nobody has found the right combination of ways to approach me. It’s not all up to me, ladies and gentlemen, it’s up to the people who actually run the company.”

Will Ospreay caught wind of Punk name dropping him as a possible opponent. The Aerial Assassin told Punk to mark January 4th on his calendar, the day of New Japan Pro Wrestling’s annual Wrestle Kingdom event.

Just an idea & because we could all use something to focus on to get us through this hard time right now.

Save January 4th & get some reps in.

Help the business move forward instead of being a “spoke on the wheel”

This might be click bait. But a Great White just bit.@CMPunk

— (@WillOspreay) March 18, 2020

CM Punk can be seen on FS1’s WWE Backstage, where he occasionally serves as an analyst.