PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Gargano Takes Issue With People Referring To NXT As Developmental

Kemo
04-20-2020, 08:47 PM
NXT Superstar Johnny Gargano hates it when people refer to WWE’s black-and-gold brand as developmental. Speaking with Sporting News, Gargano explained why he considers those who do to be wrong and disrespectful.

Gargano argued how the belief that NXT is still WWE’s developmental brand “devalues everything we’re doing in NXT.”

He noted how this mindset immediately puts NXT Superstars a step below those on RAW and SmackDown. Gargano then stressed how how he considers this to be “wrong” before calling it “BS to do that.”

“I believe everything is developmental when you want to look at it that way. I think if you’re going to consider NXT developmental than RAW and SmackDown are developmental as well,” Gargano said. “I believe we are all learning. We’re all growing. I don’t think just because you’re in a certain brand that doesn’t mean you’re progressing or growing any more than any other brand.”

As far as Johnny Gargano is concerned, people should be looking at NXT as WWE’s third brand. He believes their track record and talent pool proves his point. He argued how WWE could put any NXT Superstar on RAW or SmackDown, or have a Superstar come to NXT—much in the way Charlotte Flair has done. He explained how the three brands are “very much intertwined.”

Johnny Gargano stated how “If you’re still using the term developmental to evaluate NXT in any way, shape, or form, I think you need to get over yourself.” He then talked about wrestling should be fun and that people should enjoy it without devaluing people’s hard work and sacrifice.