PDA

View Full Version : Eric Bischoff Comments On Chris Jericho Not Wanting To Join The NWO

Kemo
04-28-2020, 04:24 PM
In 1998, there were rumors that WCW wanted Chris Jericho to join the NWO. On the Nitro just after Road Wild that year, the NWO’s Giant helped him win the TV title. Many fans took that as the beginning of Jericho joining the group. It never happened, however, and Giant helping Jericho win the title was never explained.

Bischoff commented recently on Jericho not wanting to join the faction on an episode of his 83 Weeks podcast. He told Conrad Thompson that Jericho wasn’t in a position to turn anything down.

“He didn’t turn down anything, Chris didn’t have creative control,” Bischoff said on the show. “Could it have been suggested? Could he have balked? Yeah, I’ll go with that as a possibility.”

According to Jericho’s book, he felt as though he had a good thing going outside the NWO at the time.

Bischoff continued to say he has no recollection of wanting Jericho to join the NWO.

“There may have been some discussion about the NWO – which, by the way, I don’t recall because I can’t imagine that making any sense. The only thing I really recall and I’m probably fast-forwarding just a little bit is Chris really wanted to work with Bill Goldberg and that was a problem for me for a lot of reasons. There were a couple of reasons that were pretty significant.”

Bischoff continued to say that he may have suggested the idea to Jericho but it was never anything firm.

“I guarantee you I never went to Chris and said ‘Chris this is what I want you to do’ and Chris said ‘no, I’m not going to do that.’ That never happened.”

Bischoff’s comments can be heard in the player below:

0Cs5CRZzSDo