PDA

View Full Version : Pete Dunne Says Travel Restrictions Impacting WWE Stars Could Be ‘Trial’ For Off-Season

Kemo
04-30-2020, 03:15 PM
Pete Dunne knows better than most people how the travel restrictions due to the coronavirus have impacted WWE being able to use stars.

The WWE NXT Tag Team Champion spoke with Alex McCarthy of TalkSport.com about his hiatus from WWE television. This is due to the outbreak of the coronavirus as most countries in the world have locked down their borders.

This means it’s difficult if not impossible for wrestlers traveling internationally for work. In the case of Dunne, he’s in the UK and not able to make it to the United States to work weekly NXT TV shows.

According to Dunne, he sees this as a much-needed break in some type of way.

“I think for years and years we talked about maybe, is there a way that wrestling could have a kind-of off-season. I think this is a good trial for that for some of us.”

Dunne continued by noting that being home with his family and able to train is different from how he would if he was on the road and wrestling all the time. He added that he’s just trying to put a positive spin on something that’s hugely negative.

“But if I was going to [have an off-season], then spending time with the family, training hard, recouping and then coming back better.”

The topic of an off-season in WWE has been a topic among fans and wrestlers alike for years due to WWE’s tough touring schedule. However, the case of having it has been dismissed.

Whether that’s due to revenue that WWE would lose from not holding shows or impacting their large TV deals. With this virus, it has proven the point that WWE can survive without holding events in front of fans.