PDA

View Full Version : Florida Governor Discusses Importance Of Relationship With WWE, Essential Business

Kemo
04-30-2020, 03:19 PM
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis continues to talk about the importance of the relationship between the state and WWE.

WWE managed to be deemed an essential business in the state of Florida because of DeSantis.News of this broke earlier this month.

Now, WWE is free and clear to hold TV events at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida.

DeSantis brought up WWE during a press conference on Wednesday where he talked about the importance of keeping a relationship with WWE.

“I helped recruit, I wanted the wrestling to be filmed in Orlando. I’d like them to do WrestleMania. They were going to do WrestleMania in April. That was hundreds of millions of dollars. I want to keep that good relationship. I want them to invest in Florida.”

DeSantis also spoke about bringing UFC to Jacksonville with UFC 249 on May 9th and two fight night events on May 13th and May 16th in addition to a golf event that will be taking place in his state.

This is when he discussed fans eventually returning to live sporting events. While he doesn’t think they’re ready to have fans now, he believes that could change soon.

“I do think if the trends are good as you get into June-July. I think there is a window to have some fans. You’re not going to have everyone packed in.”

He continued by noting that in 90-degree weather in the state of Florida, people are going to want to go out and go watch a ballgame if other people are ten feet away from you. He thinks people may be able to do that.