PDA

View Full Version : Aiden English Reflects On Working With Rusev, Their Approach To Promos

Kemo
04-30-2020, 03:27 PM
Former WWE Superstar Aiden English recently joined Inside The Ropes for an interview. During the course of their conversation, English talked about his partnership with Rusev and how the two cultivated their connection with the WWE Universe.

Prior to Rusev Day, Aiden pointed out how Rusev had long been positioned as a dominant “big foreign bad guy.”

For the longest time, it worked as a character and clicked with the crowd. He then shared how, out of the ring, Rusev was “such a fun-loving, goofy, funny dude.” Aiden English explained how when he finally saw the chance to let him himself, he went for it.

According to English, the two of them would ignore pretty much everything that WWE Creative gave them. Instead, they both approached it as an opportunity to be more lighthearted and say “goofy stuff,” which English loved.

“Even though I’m still doing the singing entrances, with promos and backstages, I was being me as a performer,” English explained. "People saw these two characters who for a long time were kinda in these boxes. All of a sudden, we get a chance to play and experiment and be themselves. People saw that and I think that’s what resonated.”

Aiden English and Rusev were both recently released by WWE alongside several other Superstars and backstage personnel. It was a decision made in response to the impact the coronavirus pandemic has had on business.