PDA

View Full Version : No Way Jose On His WWE Release, Name Origins, Comparisons To Adam Rose

Kemo
05-01-2020, 10:27 PM
Former WWE Superstar No Way Jose recently caught up with Inside the Ropes. During their interview, he opened up about his recent release, admitting he was “blindsided” by the news. However, with his release, he is looking to embracing future opportunities that no longer revolve around his former-party loving character.

Jose shared that he’s in a tough position as the world knows him as No Way Jose. Now, however, he has a choice to make: lean into that gimmick or try to develop something completely different. He confessed that, despite the fact it was a good character for him, he doesn’t want to “continue that character” going forward. He noted how if he ever does an appearance with that gimmick, it will most likely be a one-off as he has “so much more to show.”

When it comes to the character’s name, the former Superstar revealed he wasn’t initially convinced. He recalled how the idea first came about, crediting Sami Callihan with the idea. When the character was first pitched, he figured it would be a catchphrase. That was until Matt Bloom proposed he adopted it as his character name.

“I was just like No Way Jose? C’mon bro. I didn’t think people would take it seriously. On the grand scheme of things, I was like would they put a championship on somebody named No Way Jose? The answer, no way!”

With the dancing and partying No Way Jose’s character enjoyed, fans were quick to point out the similarities between himself and Adam Rose. It was an obvious juxtaposition that he was apprehensive about. He stressed how he wasn’t trying to knock Adam Rose in any way with his take on Jose. He then noted how he would do his entrance alone in NXT, getting people up and partying as opposed to Rose’s use of Rosebuds to party alongside him.