PDA

View Full Version : Zack Ryder/Matt Cardona Talks WWE Release

Kemo
05-05-2020, 09:30 PM
Former WWE Superstar Zack Ryder/Matt Cardona recently appeared on SiriusXM’s Busted Open Radio. The creator of Z True Long Island Story would discuss a number of topics from his time in WWE and subsequent release.

Talking directly about the day of release, Cardona said “we all got this mass text to watch his Vince McMahon video, explaining that the cuts would be happening. So, I can’t say it was unexpected.”

Matt Cardona would elaborate further, saying this WWE contract was actually coming up for renewal, and that he had felt anxious about what direction his career would take. “I never re-signed my contract so my deal was going to be up in August” Cardona revealed. “I had been dealing with contract negotiations for over a year. The anxiety that I had about it, like do I stay? Do I go? It was really eating me up. So when that call was made and I was released the decision was made for me, instantly, I was relieved. You know what I’m saying? Because the anxiety I had for over a year. Subconsciously, Consciously, it anxiety was instantly gone.”

The former Zack Ryder would then discuss the potential opportunities that he has ahead of him on the independent scene, having been with WWE for 14 years. “I felt so excited because I want to work. I want to do stuff, I want to be creative, you know? To now be able to do whatever I want. I’ve been fortunate that I was with WWE for 14 years, that’s when I signed, I was was 20 years old, I grew up there.”

“I grew up as a as a wrestler, I grew up as a man, but It’s time. It’s time for me to go out and do it my way. To do my things, to fail on my own, to succeed on my own. Even having like a pro wrestling tees store! Thinking of ideas, I just love the hustle. I love being creative and I love wrestling so I cannot wait for the future.”