PDA

View Full Version : Drew McIntyre Shares Vince McMahon’s Reaction To WWE Title Win

Kemo
05-08-2020, 01:20 AM
WWE Champion Drew McIntyre recently did an interview where he looked back on his big championship win.

McIntyre beat Brock Lesnar to win the WWE Title at WrestleMania 36 last month.

This came in his second run with the company. While WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon deemed McIntyre a future world champion during his initial run with the company, that didn’t happen. Instead, McIntyre had to be released by the company, reinvent himself and then be signed by WWE and prove himself again.

While talking with Alan John of Sportskeeda, McIntyre looked back on his special night at a unique WrestleMania setting.

McIntyre started out about how the backstage reaction was non-existent because of the setup there was nobody back there initially.

He called it kind of weird as WWE had such minimal personnel there. He did point out how the people who were there, especially the crew, had watched him grow up.

“You know everybody was very happy and very proud. I think for Vince and Hunter themselves, they were just very happy to see that I have finally kind of grown up and realized the potential they had seen in me all those years ago.”

McIntyre is now slated to defend the WWE Title against Seth Rollins at Money In The Bank this Sunday.