PDA

View Full Version : Booker T On Working With Jim Ross, Opening Up About Arrest Record

Kemo
05-10-2020, 11:56 PM
Booker T recently spoke about working with Jim Ross on his Reality of Wrestling YouTube channel. The 5x WCW Champion noted that JR’s role as the head of Talent Relations put him in an unenviable spot.

“He had to hire guys, he had to fire guys, he was that guy,” Booker said on the show. “He was definitely not in an envious spot.”

Booker also noted that JR was the one who encouraged him to be open about his real backstory.

“JR was literally the first person who told me I need to tell my story and get it out there and let people see who Booker T really was,” he continued. “And I was reluctant to actually put it out there not knowing if there was some ulterior motive.”

Booker’s story was made into a documentary currently available on the WWE Network, “Booker T: Sentenced to Greatness.” He served 19 months in prison for armed robbery before being granted parole in 1992.

“I remember going to house shows after I did come out with my story, I remember going to house shows and people would have my mugshot on a poster, just to make fun of me,” Booker said. “But I won at the end of the day, and I’m still winning.”

Booker then continued to say that he hopes his being open with his story is helpful to others.

“Hopefully a lesson was learned. Hopefully, some young kid, like I said for me telling my story, which was my primary objective was for some young kid not to fall in my footsteps or some young kid that are walking in my footsteps to know there is light at the end of the tunnel. If Booker T did it, I can do it too. There are so many people out there looking for hope.”

Booker T’s comments can be heard in the player below:

fjNNswL5gsk