PDA

View Full Version : The Undertaker Reveals His Reaction To Learning About The Ending Of The Streak

Kemo
05-16-2020, 10:47 PM
The ending of Undertaker’s WrestleMania streak at the hands of Brock Lesnar still remains one of the most controversial decisions made by WWE. Six years later, the fan opinion is still torn on whether it was the right call or not.

The Dead Man recently had an interview with Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show where he talked about a number of things and also opened up about his loss to the Beast.

During the discussion, the former World Champion revealed his reaction to learning about the decision. Taker claimed that most of his peers thought that it was a horrible decision and revealed what he said to Vince McMahon about it:

“It was always in the back of my mind that it would end.” said the Undertaker “Although, most of my peers and people that I work with thought it was a horrible decision, and I just asked Vince, ‘are you sure? Is this what you want?’ He was like, ‘if it’s not Brock, who can beat you?’ Alright, well, it’s your call.”

The former World Champion also said that he knew that the Streak would end someday because that’s the way the wrestling business works and in this business, you don’t walk away undefeated like Floyd Mayweather or Rocky Marciano.

The Undertaker also addressed the notion that he should have rejected the decision saying that he is not the kind of man and for him, the business comes before anything:

“Everybody thinks I have all this juice like I can say yes or say no, I could have said no, but what good was that gonna do? That really would have disappointed people. What do I do? I go out and throw a tissy and go, ‘if I’m not going over, then I’m not going in.’ That’s not me. I’m business, and business comes first before anything personal.

Taker continued by saying that he double-checked with The Boss to make sure that this was 100% what he wanted and after confirming the plan, he went with it.

Undertaker had talked some more about the match in the WWE documentary series The Last Ride and revealed that he had lost his confidence after the bout.

0pb3NfeykSg