PDA

View Full Version : Earl Hebner Believes The Montreal Screwjob Was A Work

Kemo
05-16-2020, 11:17 PM
The Montreal Screwjob is one of the most infamous incidents in the history of wrestling and now Earl Hebner, who was the referee for the match is making some interesting claims about the whole thing.

The former WWE employee recently appeared on the VOC Nation podcast where he talked about the incident in detail among other things.

At first, he said that at the time he didn’t think that the screwjob was a work. However, the current AEW official then claimed that after thinking things over, he now believes that both Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels knew what was going to happen beforehand:

“At that time, I really didn’t think it was a work; today, I think it was, somebody had to be the gopher, somebody had to ring the bell, and to make it look official, it was me.

It’s bothered me for a long time. Now that I’ve been with Bret, talked to Bret, been on some indie shows with him, we’re great friends now, believe me.” said Earl Hebner. “I’m pretty sure that both of them knew it was a work … the only one that didn’t know at the time was me … I know I (got screwed), but I don’t know if they did.”

The former WWE referee then claimed that there is a lot behind the story and he is going to put it all into the book he is working on right now.