PDA

View Full Version : Becky Lynch On Why She Was Happy To Pass The Title To Asuka

Kemo
05-25-2020, 05:56 PM
On the May 11th edition of WWE RAW, Becky Lynch announced that she is pregnant. Lynch also relinquished the WWE RAW Women’s Championship to Asuka. Lynch recently took part in an interview with SI.com and revealed some of the reasons she is happy to have passed the title on to Asuka.

“Passing that championship onto Asuka meant a lot,” said Lynch. “She really, really deserves it. And another element that people missed, because it’s not really advertised, is that she’s a working mom.”

“She’s proven that you can do it all,” Lynch continued. “You can be a badass and go off and have a family, you can come in and still kick more ass, have a YouTube show and be entertaining as all hell. The fact that she was the person to take that title from me meant a lot to me.”

Asuka’s first title defense of the RAW Women’s title is set for Backlash on June 14th. She’ll face the winner of a #1 Contenders triple threat match between Charlotte Flair, Nia Jax, and Natalya tonight.

Lynch also stated during the interview that while she will be away from WWE for a while, she’ll never be truly gone from the company.

“The WWE is my family, my actual family,” said Lynch. “I will always stay involved.”

The full interview can be read here (https://www.si.com/wrestling/2020/05/24/becky-lynch-wwe-farewell).