PDA

View Full Version : Paige Rips WWE’s Handling Of Women’s Tag Team Titles

Kemo
06-11-2020, 12:04 AM
Paige commented on WWE’s handling of the Women’s Tag Team Championships this week on WWE Backstage. According to Paige, the titles have been thrown under the rug and are not being treated as seriously as they should.

“I just feel like the tag team championships haven’t been utilized to their full potential,” Paige said.

“I feel like they are not being defended right, I don’t think they are being used right. They’ve kind of just been thrown under the rug, they are not being taken very seriously. At some point, they have to be taken seriously because this was such a big moment for the women’s divisions to have these tag team titles. Instead of just having one championship, now we have a tag team division.”

Paige also expressed the sentiment that WWE could be building up some other teams, including ones in NXT.

“Bayley and Sasha, they are good, they are solid, we all love them but let’s try and build some other people, you know?”

The women’s tag team championships returned to WWE on February 17th, 2019. Sasha Banks and Bayley won the titles at the Elimination Chamber PPV before dropping them to the Iiconics at WrestleMania just 49 days later.

WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship Teams:

The Kabuki Warriors (Asuka & Kairi Sane) 1x champions, 171 days as champions.
Bliss Cross (Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross) 2x champions, 123 days as champions.
The Iiconics (Peyton Royce & Billie Kay) 1x champions, 120 days as champions.
Bayley & Sasha Banks 2x champions, 64+ days as champions.