PDA

View Full Version : Ric Flair On His Friendship With The Undertaker

Kemo
06-12-2020, 11:48 AM
Ric Flair recently took part in an interview where he discussed his longtime friendship with the Undertaker. The two first met in 1989, when Taker was part of a tag-team along with Dan Spivey called the Skyscrapers. Evidently, Taker, Flair, and Horace Grant’s brother went out one night and the Jack Daniels was flowing. According to Flair, he lost a Rolex that night.

“Me and Taker and Harvey Grant were out one night and I lost a Rolex, which is a whole different part of the story,” Flair said to Metro UK. “Trying to hang with him and that Jack Daniels man, it’s tough. We’ve had so much fun!”

Flair also spoke about coming back to WWE in 2001 and working against Taker at WrestleMania the following year.

“When I agreed to come back to work it was never to wrestle,” Flair said regarding his return to WWE in 2001. Flair would end up facing the Undertaker at WrestleMania 18 in Toronto that year.

“I was so nervous wrestling Taker – when anybody in the world would be so excited to walk down that ramp and I was horrified.”

Flair was 53-years-old when that match took place. He noted that he told Taker he was hurting at the time.

“Once we got going – and he knew, I told him, it’s hard to tell somebody I’m struggling. Well, Ric Flair’s got a problem, guys. I’ve always been so comfortable with him, I had no problem telling him. And he got it.”